M.S. in Engineering Management
100% Online ▪ 30 Credits ▪ Finish in under 2 years ▪ Self-paced with Weekly Live Classes
Learn More Today
Advance your career and leadership potential with an online master’s degree in engineering management.
Advance Your Engineering Career
Gain the essential management knowledge and technical skills to succeed in engineering leadership positions.
Earn a Highly Respected Degree
Engage in the same high-quality education as our on campus program taught by experienced Syracuse University faculty.
Find a Balance That Works for You
Learn wherever you are with the flexibility of weekly online live classes and self-paced learning.
Master of Science in Engineering Management
Rise to the next opportunity in your career with a graduate degree designed specifically for engineering professionals. Our rigorous, 30-credit online M.S. curriculum has the same high-quality learning experiences as our on-campus program, providing essential leadership, managerial and technical skills taught by experienced Syracuse University faculty.
- Gain proficiency in engineering economics, technology management and business solutions.
- Integrate technical and business skills to tackle complex problems and find sustainable solutions.
- Strengthen your knowledge of statistics, product development, simulation and data analytics.
Online Learning Experience
Complete your master’s degree in engineering management online at your own pace—in as little as 18 months or up to seven years—while continuing to meet professional and personal obligations. Interact and connect with peers and instructors in live weekly classes that keep you on track and give you the flexibility to learn on your schedule.
- Weekly 90-minute real-time online class sessions.
- Small class sizes where peers and instructors connect to build the foundation for a lifetime of impact.
- Additional instruction provided through interactive course videos.
- Self-paced completion with three terms of instruction (spring, summer, fall).
Why Choose Syracuse University?
World Class Academic Experience
Earn a fully accredited online master’s degree from an institution highly regarded by employers.
Dedicated Student Support
Access engineering-specific student support and career services, including professional development workshops and one-on-one appointments.
Global Alumni Network
Join a powerful, growing network of Syracuse University alumni with connections around the world.
Who Should Apply
The MSEM degree program is designed for practicing engineers and scientists who have or seek increased managerial and leadership responsibilities.
No GMAT/GRE score is required to apply.
The degree program provides a balanced field of knowledge in engineering management theory and practices, statistics, quality control, finance, economics, information/data management, and legal issues.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Use the principles of advanced mathematics to identify, analyze and solve engineering management problems
- Apply appropriate economics and project management techniques to support more informed decisions
- Apply knowledge and skills in the management of technology
- Communicate advanced technical and managerial concepts effectively
- Advance existing technical or scientific skills
According to national employment and wage data, engineering managers earn approximately 52% more than their non-management counterparts (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Employment Statistics survey by occupation, May 2019).
Companies that have hired graduates with a Syracuse University MSEM degree include:
- Altec Northeast LLC
- Beijing Benz Automotive Co. Ltd
- Carrier Corp
- Corning Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Duro UAS
- Exelon Corp
- General Atomics
- HealthWay Inc.
- Lockheed Martin
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- MSC Software
- Munich RE
- National Aerospace Solutions
- Pratt and Whitney
- VLF Automotive
- Xylem Inc.
- ZYNP Group
Typical job titles for graduates include:
- Aero/Mechanical Engineer
- Compliance Engineer
- Composite Engineer
- Control Engineer
- Engineering Coordinator
- Flight Controller
- Mechanical Engineer
- Modeling & Simulation Engineer
- Project Manager
- Process Engineer
- Product Design Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Project Coordinator
- Project Engineer
- Research and Development Engineer
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
To ensure that you are well-prepared for our academically rigorous online M.S. in engineering management program, we require that applicants hold an undergraduate or master’s degree in engineering with an average GPA of 3.0 or better. A GRE score is not required for admission.
Completed application materials must be received by the application deadlines:
- Fall admission – July 1
- Spring admission – November 15
- Summer admission – March 15
How to Apply
In addition to completing our online application, you will need to submit:
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions you’ve attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- A 500-word personal statement written entirely by you without outside assistance
- Your resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
Have questions? Request more information.
Tuition and Financial Aid
There are many opportunities available to help you reduce your out-of-pocket cost or to help finance your degree. At Syracuse University, we are committed to helping you navigate the financial aid process and offer assistance where we can. Admitted students are automatically considered for applicable scholarships and are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Please fill out the form on this page to begin conversations with us about this process.
Tuition is $1,734 per credit for the 2021-2022 academic year. Alumni of the Syracuse University College of Engineering and Computer Science may be eligible for a 30% tuition discount. We are also proud to offer a 20% military discount.
With three start options, you can begin your engineering master’s program as soon as next term.